grub-devel

Re: Google's Summer of Code 2008 / GRUB 2

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Google's Summer of Code 2008 / GRUB 2
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:49:36 +0200

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 05:39:36PM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 00:00:06 +0300
> Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We want to welcome both Colin and Marco to be part of GRUB 2!
>
> Hi,
> I'm going to be working on the "Fancy Menus" feature for GRUB 2.
>
> Once I begin producing real code, I will have my Bazaar VCS
> development branch available on my web site for anyone interested, as
> well as periodic tarballs. I'll use the GRUB 2 wiki to document the
> design and implementation as things move forward.
>
> Currently I am getting familiar with the GRUB codebase and design. I'm
> going to try to get GRUB 2 booting in QEMU so I can get faster feedback
> during development.

Hi Colin,

Welcome on-board, I hope you enjoy the stay.  Happy hacking :-)

--
Robert Millan

"The technological evasion of the license is as unacceptable as the
 legal evasion of the license [...].  That's the provision in section
 1 regarding keys. [...]  We say one thing: when you sell somebody a
 home... give him the keys"  -- Eben Moglen on GPLv3