grub-devel

Re: Google's Summer of Code 2008 / GRUB 2

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Google's Summer of Code 2008 / GRUB 2
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:53:36 +0200

Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:

> Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:
>>> We want to welcome both Colin and Marco to be part of GRUB 2!
>>
>> Thanks for welcoming me to the project ;-)
>
> You looked like needing that :)

:-)

>> First of all, the code.  I think it would be a good idea if I would
>> send in patches for my code so it will be immediately integrated into
>> GRUB 2.  This would work as everyone will make sure that this code
>> will not be touched by anyone and patches to this will be ignored.
>> Otherwise I can work in a branch, my own bzr repository or whatever.
>> I hope I will get feedback on this :-)
>
> Please remember that after GSoC coding period is over you have to
> upload your code to Google Code as per:
>
> 12. Student uploads completed code to a Google Code hosted project.
>
> http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_program_works

Yes, I know.  All I upload has to be my code.  But working in CVS is
not a problem, as long as nobody touches my code.  Otherwise I have to
keep it separate and merge at the end of the project.  So I can post
small pieces of code and merge often, or merge at once at the end.
What is preferred?

>> There are other students working on USB (for other projects), perhaps
>> I should contact them at some point.
>
> I think there is special student only mailing list related to GSoC so
> perhaps you can communicate there? Unless of course you want to
> discuss this publicly :)

I will see :-)

--
Marco