Re: [Groff] tmac.html unreadable

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] tmac.html unreadable
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 01:12:56 GMT

> > :-) You mean it is not very well documented?  Yes, indeed.  Maybe
>
> > :-) You mean it is
> - tmac.html unreadable
> - [not] formatted nicely
> - all run together
> - great big blob
> - like a GPG public key

EDDIE!

Please stop writing this nonsense.  You can't use your browser as a
navigating tool on your hard disk!  I strongly suggest to use mc.

Then you would have seen the series of files

  tmac.html
  tmac.latin1
  tmac.lj4

Does this ring some bells?  tmac.html is of course *not* an HTML file
despite of its name but rather a groff macro file for the grohtml
output device.  Look at the file without formatting, and you will see
some structure.  Pressing `Shift+F3' in mc will do the trick.

> > nothing in it you should take care of, except you want to modify
> > the definitions of output glyphs.
>
> How about just the simple act of checking every file I see with
> "html" written on it just to see whatever it is I can find out about
> this feature that I am the most interested in?

My usual reaction, if HTML formatting produces garbage, is to check
the source...