Re: [Groff] Win32 port of Groff

From: Blake McBride
Subject: Re: [Groff] Win32 port of Groff
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:27:15 -0600

At 01:26 AM 1/18/00 +0000, you wrote:

>> I ported Groff and friends to Win32 using Microsoft C a few years
>> ago and then updated the port another time.  Yesterday I downloaded
>> 1.15 and tried my patches and except for one addition it still
>> works.  Would it be possible to merge those patches and makefiles
>> into the main distribution?
>
>Of course.  Note that another Windows port also exists:
>
>  http://www.cs.vu.nl/~tmgil/misc/wingroff.html
>
>Maybe you can contact this guy to bundle your efforts.

I am familiar with his port.  He uses GCC and the other GNU tools under
NT so Groff works out of the box.  My port compiles under Microsoft C
and is therefore convenient for those who use MS C at work.

--blake

-------
Download source code to my Dynace Object Oriented
Extension to C and Windows Development System from:
http://www.florida-software.com/algorithms
Blake McBride (address@hidden)
Algorithms Corporation - 615-791-1636 - USA