Re: hosting & money

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: hosting & money
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 23:27:45 +0200

> > I propose we try to get a 'community' hosting.
>
> I don't think that will be simple to obtain support from them, they
> have already problem with resources.

> I just think that will be really hard to have support from other
> project that they are already looking for new additional sponsor.

> The best should be housing, in such situation we will manage our host...
> But without a proper sponsor it's not applicable, too much expensive.

Maybe we could use a scalable architecture.  Starting with one PC and one ADSL
connection, (exactly what we have now), and grow up according to the needs:

   1 PC   the first year
   4 PCs  the second year
  10 PCs  the thirst year

  The original hardware (ca. 1998) that was used by Google

      Sun Ultra II
      dual 200MHz processors
      256MB of RAM

  Ref.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_platform

You are right, the project will need money. It is already spending money from
Neal and me.

Let's wait to the final RMS decision, and then we can update the project
roadmap.

Davi