Re: full-time, employment

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: full-time, employment
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 23:04:19 +0200

John Darrington wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:

>      (FWIW, I'd also be uncomfortable at the inclusion of "employment" or
>      "full-time", which suggest free software workers as wage-slaves.)
>
> I agree.

About "full-time",

  So, personally you would like get "by project" contracts?

  Anyway, I think the site must support any 'standard' way
  to sign contracts.  Note others could have other preferences.

  Currently the offers module supports the below contract types:

      'Vacation cover'
      'Maternity cover'
      'Training'
      'By hours'
      'By project'
      'Partner'
      'Freelance'
      'Temporary'
      'Half time'
      'Full time'
      'Indefinite'

  Note for example that system-administration contracts could
  be signed as "by hours".

About "employment",

  is there any better alternative?