gnuastro-devel

[task #15713] Make quad structure to make unique hashes of 4 objects

From: Raul Infante-Sainz
Subject: [task #15713] Make quad structure to make unique hashes of 4 objects
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 02:54:44 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #11, task #15713 (project gnuastro):

Really good job Sachin. Yesterday I was talking with Mohammad and it just come
to my mind that in Astrometry you are able to choose the number of objects to
be considered as a quad. I thought it was in the solving step, but I was
wrong. It is actually in the step of creating the catalogue indexes (with the
program `build-astrometry-index'. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know this
to make the code more general from the beginning. It may be useful to have
this possibility in the future. You can have a look at this webpage:
http://astrometry.net/doc/build-index.html

In the part where it is explained the option `-d':

Triangles?:

[-d <dimquads>] number of stars in a "quad" (default 4).

Normally we use four-star featurse. This allows you to build 3- or 5-star
features instead. 3-star features are useful for wide-angle images. 5-star
features are probably not useful for most purposes.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15713>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/