gnuastro-devel

[task #15713] Make quad structure to make unique hashes of 4 objects

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15713] Make quad structure to make unique hashes of 4 objects
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 07:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #14, task #15713 (project gnuastro):

Great, I am happy to see the progress ;-)!

Just one thing about the image with the many quads. Are these all the quads
that have been found in the catalog, or only the quads that have been found in
one healpix?

I think you are now set to continue to the next step for constructing the k-d
tree and creating the hashes. We can look into possible bugs (or using
3-vertice polygons) later, as we go along ;-). For now, we should progress to
have the matching hopefully complete by the end of July.

I am really busy with other projects these days, so I can't look into the code
accurately right now. But as you make progress, more time will free up for me
to look into the code in more detail ;-).

So keep on updating us with good visualizations of every step like the
always have time for a short talk ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15713>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/