gnuastro-devel

[task #15713] Make quad structure to make unique hashes of 4 objects

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15713] Make quad structure to make unique hashes of 4 objects
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 20:42:04 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #9, task #15713 (project gnuastro):

Great! No problem, paperwork is always the most important thing ;-).

The images are nice! Can you also add all the calculations for the quad that
is shown alone? As well as the DS9 region file that you used (so I can load
and check it)? For now I don't have time to look exactly into the code, so
this would help for now.

I look forward to dig into the code soon ;-).

A few other small notes:

* It looks like many of the polygons in the right image touch a single point.
Maybe it would help if we generally put a counter on each point and avoid
using it in a quad of each healpix size, once the count passes a certain
threshold (maybe 5 or 10?).

* If you can extract the corners of the healpix, it would help to also draw
the healpix in DS9, maybe with a different color.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15713>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/