gnu-system-discuss

Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail?

From: gameonlinux
Subject: Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 01:27:11 +0000

On my programming laptop, my entire disk is LUKS encrypted and has been since ~2005. Debian (and now Devuan (no systemd)) made it easy.

You do have to type in a password on boot, 20+ characters long naturally. The longer the better, the more convoluted, the more insane... the way to go.

RMS: How about a 50 character password to decrypt the key that decrypts the HDD, every day you wish to use the computer.

Day in. Day out. Day in, Night out?

It will become like brushing your teeth.
What say you?