gnu-system-discuss

Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? - FDE Crypto

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? - FDE Crypto
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 20:13:57 +0100

Le mardi 5 novembre 2019 19:58:00 CET, vous avez écrit :
> Alexandre François Garreau <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [0] within the current state of affairs, and FSF long having been on lower
> >  freedom and moral standards than GNU
> Could you please elaborate this.

For instance I heard about “a day without DRM” as if DRM was acceptable the
rest of time, like if people making DRM should stop make DRM before we start
totally stopping DRM, or as if we’ve been all using DRM anyway (talking about
Netflix like if it was already something so common).  Anyway I find DRM-
cracking, circumvention and “illegal” “piracy” sharing better one-time actions
than that (even getting something unofficially in streaming is not illegal).

I don’t recall the most important the more easily, but there are other stuff
such as “commercial-like” software-advertisement advertisement related to most
occidental festivities like St-Valentine, Christmass, Halloween, etc. (or even
to some extent simili-religious rethorics like Windows 7 Sins that works a lot
less well outside of US) that drove me more into thinking FSF is more of a USA
local marketing foundation rather than the worldwide legal entity for software
freedom defense.

Anyway these are the kind of stuff I’d somewhat more hardly expect from rms but
I’d likely be expected to see coming from FSF.