gnu-system-discuss

Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? (was: Testing new mail server)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why don't gnu.org and RMS sign mail? (was: Testing new mail server)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 03:43:13 +0530

* Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2019-11-02 03:24]:

>   > Somebody can make your settings such that you do not need to enter
>   > passphrase, it would be kept in the file or provided as a string on
>   > command line.
>
>   > --passphrase-file file
>
> Thanks, but I really do not want to have my passphrase stored in a file
> on my computer.

My /home and /tmp and swap are always encrypted upon boot, and I
decrypt it manually, not automatically.

If computer is stolen, all information is encrypted, while encrypted
backups are stored at other places.

For security, if computer is turned on, and I am not in the room, the
room is always closed.

But if I die suddenly, nobody would get access into important
information, unless I leave a write-up how to access such.

Jean