gnu-system-discuss

Re: Why donʼt gnu.org and RMS sign mail?

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Why donʼt gnu.org and RMS sign mail?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 21:19:02 +0300

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, that problem in Emacs -- which I gave up on trying to debug -- is part
> of the obstacle.
>
> Do you want to try to fix the problem?

Well, Iʼve tried, and the key obstacle now is that there seems to be nothing to
fix: with either GnuPG 2.1 or GnuPG 2.2 setting:

        (setq epa-pinentry-mode 'loopback) ;; for Emacs 26
        (setq epg-pinentry-mode 'loopback) ;; for Emacs 27

works like a charm.  (All the rest of configuration is default, of course.)
That is, someone already fixed it upstream.

If you still observe it, though, please describe the exact setup involved, Iʼll
try to reproduce it.