gnu-system-discuss

Re: Why don�Š�¼t gnu.org and RMS sign mail?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why don�Š�¼t gnu.org and RMS sign mail?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 16:06:05 +0100

* Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2019-11-01 15:31]:

> Yes, that problem in Emacs -- which I gave up on trying to debug -- is
> part of the obstacle.
>
> Do you want to try to fix the problem?  I don't know whether you
> already work on Emacs Lisp code.

If that is the passphrase issue, I have just made this test and places
following into ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

batch
passphrase MY-PASSPHRASE-HERE
pinentry-mode loopback

And I could encrypt file, and then decrypt it without being asked for
passphrase. Before that I have killed gpg-agent from memory.

Then I have file-finded ~/file.gpg within emacs -Q and it just
decrypted the file into memory.

Then I have encrypted the region with M-x epa-encrypt-region and then
again decrypted it. I was not asked for passphrase.

I can just guess that it shall work in Rmail the same way if you setup
passphrase directly in the ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

Jean