Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: rsiddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:37:10 +0530

Howdy,

gNewSense 3 alpha that I have managed to installed is not able to connect to the Internet. When I ran live session of another distro, I was able to connect to the Internet. I tried to rectify the problem from a thread[1] at linuxquestions.org, but was not able to go forward as there is no "/etc/init.d/network" file to restart the network interface. What should I do to get Internet connectivity on my gNewSense 3 alpha setup ? I use a wired connection.

I have attached 3 files:

* ifconfig (output of ifconfig command)
* interfaces (content of /etc/network/interfaces file)
* lspci (output of lspci command)

which might have relevant information that you may want to know.

I thank you.

[1]: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/network-device-not-found-after-lenny-to-squeeze-upgrade-887817/