Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: rsiddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:45:38 +0000

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:54:12 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:

It seems like you have GRUB Legacy in your MBR, but a GRUB2
configuration file on sda1. Did you choose "No" when the installer
asked about installing the bootloader into the MBR?

In the last part of the installation process, the installer got "crazy" -- it was not responding to my commands from the keyboard -- I just remember frantically hitting the arrow key and the Enter key, then, something happened (I didn't keenly observe the screen) and the system restarted and I got the GRUB "Error 15". Anyways, I have managed to make GRUB start and was able to log into GNOME[1].

I ran the "bootinfoscript" again now. I have attached RESULT.txt file with mail. The file says " Grub2 (v1.97-1.98) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda...". So, I think that is what is desired and yes I am able to boot into gNewSense alpha successfully.

Thank you very much.

[1]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2012-07/msg00012.html