Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:40:57 +1000

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, 23:07:10 EST, rsiddharth <address@hidden> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> gNewSense 3 alpha that I have managed to installed is not able to
> connect to the Internet.

Are you using networkmanager? You might be unless you took special steps during install or its disabled in the alpha. (I saw no trace of it in your configs)

> What should I do to get Internet connectivity on my gNewSense 3 alpha
> setup ? I use a wired connection.

Have you checked this works with free software?
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)

> I have attached 3 files:
>
> * ifconfig (output of ifconfig command)
> * interfaces (content of /etc/network/interfaces file)
> * lspci (output of lspci command)

dmesg might give you some clues too, especially if missing firmware.

Thanks,
kk