Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:18:57 +1000

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, 04:59:46 EST, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, 22:47:30 EST, Sam Geeraerts
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Karl might be able to tell which.
> >
> > I cant offhand, see my email about disk failure :(
>
> Unfortunate. I was trying to reproduce what you did to get our current
> kernel, as a first step to update it to the latest from Debian. I didn't
>    succeed, so I was going to ask you for your bzr branch.

Bother. Feel free to ask quedtios, i will try and recall answers. I'll also look around at home to see what i have left.

> > this may have some clues.
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~kgoetz/+junk/linux-libre-squeeze
>
> This adds a linux-libre patch, whereas I believe our current kernel has
> a cleaned orig tarball.

Its an earlier step in the same process. After getting all the patches applied or disabled i removed the pach and swapped to the clean orig tarball.
Iirc the build system required a little massaging after the swap but not a lot.

Any specific questions on it let me know :)
thanks,
kk