Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participat

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participating in an Ubuntu Global Jam event if I were to organise one?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:13:40 +0000

On 2013-02-20 19:58, John wrote:

Half the time I am convinced that this is not the group for me as I
just want stuff to work and get on with my life doing other things.

I think we all want that ;-)

The other half of my time I keep thinking I should really bite the
bullet and try to install GnuMach.

Well, I wouldn't recommend installing Mach and the Hurd as it's still on the edge of usability. Some people have used it as their daily OS and reported success. I haven't that far into it yet, mainly due to lack of sound support.

I think the best course to immerse one's self in the world of freedom is to stick with the FSF-approved GNU/Linux distributions:

  http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

These are much more usable, even venturing in to the land of stuff just working.

On the positive side I do like Dyne:bolic

Which is on that list, sweet :-)

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }