Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participatin

From: Steffi Tinder
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participating in an Ubuntu Global Jam event if I were to organise one?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:38:43 +0000

I (personally) would find messages like that demotivating.

I would find working for the benefit of a distribution that spies on its
users and sends local search strings to Canonical, to be demotivating.

For me Ubuntu is not Unity. And for me Ubuntu is more than Canonical. Is Ubuntu in general considered evil in this group? Or is it Canonical? I mean, you could choose a different window manager or just turn the feature off. Or fork Ubuntu :)