Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participatin

From: Steffi Tinder
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participating in an Ubuntu Global Jam event if I were to organise one?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:02:21 +0000

Is Ubuntu in general considered evil in this group?

Yes.

Okay, good to know.

Or is it Canonical?

It's both.  Canonical is directly responsible for (1) introducing evil
to Ubuntu and (2) maintaining that evil.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the spy-software in Unity is evil. And if they really really want it, then it should definitely be opt-in instead of opt-out.

Still, there are many people out there who prefer Ubuntu over Debian. I just wanted to know if this group is open for those people or not.