Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participatin

From: Steffi Tinder
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participating in an Ubuntu Global Jam event if I were to organise one?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:24:13 +0000

Hi Simon!

Several people I know like iOS. What's your point?

But they wouldn't/shouldn't write about it in this group.

I think I need to clarify my point. It might have come across the wrong way.

I love Free Software. But I also love Ubuntu (not Unity, not Canonical). I've learned that it is okay to talk about/promote Debian but not Ubuntu. That is useful knowledge and there is no way that you can learn this from the wiki page. It might be worth clarifying actually.

Maybe I should not have used 'open for people' in my post but 'open for topics'?

Stefanie

Simon

Steffi Tinder <address@hidden> wrote:

Is Ubuntu in general considered evil in this group?

Yes.

Okay, good to know.

Or is it Canonical?

It's both.  Canonical is directly responsible for (1) introducing
evil
to Ubuntu and (2) maintaining that evil.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the spy-software in Unity is evil. And

if they really really want it, then it should definitely be opt-in
instead of opt-out.

Still, there are many people out there who prefer Ubuntu over Debian. I

just wanted to know if this group is open for those people or not.