[Fsuk-manchester] Discussion on list (was: the non-free neighbour asking

From: Simon Ward
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Discussion on list (was: the non-free neighbour asking for help dilemma)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 23:22:47 +0100

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 09:27:16PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I wonder if you could continue your debate through a more appropriate
> medium such as IRC as I am really tired of receiving emails every five
> minutes.

The list is for discussion, and this discussion isn’t going in circles,
or getting agressive, and I wouldn’t consider it off topic.

You’re not the only person to be annoyed by the amount of mail received
via the list, another suggesting that announcements and news would be
okay, so…

How about moving to two lists?

  * fsuk-manchester-announce - announcements; they need not be just
    about Manchester Free Software, but should be related to the issues
    we cover, moderated, low traffic.

  * fsuk-manchester-discuss - general discussion on free software and
    related issues.  Essentially what fsuk-manchester is now.

simple system that works.—John Gall