Re: [Fsfe-uk] Quest for a Windows7 refund in the UK - laptop upgraded to

From: mgtdee
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Quest for a Windows7 refund in the UK - laptop upgraded to GNU+Linux
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 14:27:33 +0100

If you can....
I have just been trying to buy a computer without an operating system
and Dell tell me they do not do Ubuntu anymore.
Margaret

On 05/05/2011 15:38, Sam Tuke wrote:
On Thursday 05 May 2011 13:54:17 Neil Darlow wrote:
Eventually I ran out of time, and then found a friend who wanted the
Windows7 code anyway. Instead I've decided I will simply buy the laptop
from a company like Dell which sells ubuntu laptops next time.
Otherwise, hopefully the EU would legislate eventually to support
purchasing laptop without OSs.
FSFE was also working with the European Commission last week to make it easier
for groups of consumers in Europe to take Microsoft to court over this issue.
See:

http://fsfe.org/news/2011/news-20110502-01.en.html

Thanks,

Sam.