Re: [Fsfe-uk] Quest for a Windows7 refund in the UK - laptop upgraded to

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Quest for a Windows7 refund in the UK - laptop upgraded to GNU+Linux
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 15:01:57 +0100

Hi Margaret,

> If you can....  I have just been trying to buy a computer without an
> operating system and Dell tell me they do not do Ubuntu anymore.

My local LUG has mentioned Novatech on and off when this has cropped up.
They will supply their laptops without an OS.

    http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/range/x10.html

(I've no personal experience of them and this isn't a recommendation.)

Cheers,
Ralph.