Re: [Fsfe-uk] qualifications

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] qualifications
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:07:51 +0200

Alex Hudson wrote:
> > I think learning ought to be driven directly by a person's needs, and
> > that learning cannot be benchmarked :-)

> Personally I don't believe there are many things you can't measure, and
> learning certainly isn't one of them.

Certifications are hard to define and maintain. Say for example the
academic-qualification certifications.

However the standard certifications, as the academic one, can be added to the
set of qualifications sensors.

As MJ exposed previously, being able to take a look to the candidate's actual
work is the best we can do to measure her qualifications; and Free Software
help at that side.

--
gnuherds.org  The democratic job site