Re: MEP positions (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Swpat directive passed by 7 votes.

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: MEP positions (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Swpat directive passed by 7 votes.)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:10:40 +0000

On Friday 21 May 2004 11:51, James Heald wrote:
> Tom Chance wrote:
> > We'd aim to do something far more readable too. The FFII one isn't
> > exactly easy to read. Friends of the Earth have an excellent example of
> > what we could do:
> >
> > http://www.foeeurope.org/euvotewatch/
>
> FoE's maths is bizarre though -- they count a 'no show' as equivalent to
>   a full vote against.

They do? I see two symbols: "unfriendly" and "did not vote". Anyway, we can do
the maths better, but the presentation is the important thing. It's obvious
and accessible, unlike the current FFII tables. Something like this:

http://www.tomchance.org.uk/tmp

We should be making every effort to reduce barriers to the data, even for
geeks who are at home with statistics.

Regards,
Tom