Re: MEP positions (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Swpat directive passed by 7 votes.

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: MEP positions (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Swpat directive passed by 7 votes.)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:56:25 +0100

On 2004-05-20 15:50:57 +0100 Telsa Gwynne <address@hidden> wrote:

Like this one? http://www.ffii.org.uk/analysis_uk.html

Yes, that sort of thing, but also for the other votes of interest in the last session. Also, produce regional version and summaries, and try to do the same for candidate question responses.

I'm glad that you found FFII's one useful. It makes me think that this is definitely a useful project to do.

You've also reminded me to include attendence data when I try publishing.

Preparing the tables and graphics shouldn't be too hard, but there's a lot of work to do. For the votes, the detail seemed to be in the equivalent of the locked filing cabinet in the disused toilet in the basement, if you start from the issue's page on the EuroParl web site. Thanks to a helpful email from Alex Macfie, I think I've linked the most interesting three now. For the candidate opinions, someone's actually got to ask them the questions and copy in the replies.

Then we have to eat the elephant by making use of what we publish. Roll up, roll up, there's enough for everyone, eat one piece at a time...

--
MJR/slef should not drink liqueurs
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.