MEP positions (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Swpat directive passed by 7 votes.)

From: Telsa Gwynne
Subject: MEP positions (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Swpat directive passed by 7 votes.)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:50:57 +0100

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:53:18AM +0100 or thereabouts, MJ Ray wrote:
> There are three activities: produce user-friendly tables of past votes
> by current MEPs, produce friendly tables of candidate answers to
> questions and promote awareness of how we can improve things by
> voting.

Like this one? http://www.ffii.org.uk/analysis_uk.html

That one from the votes in September last year was a big help,
actually. I had been looking at it recently and was able to tell
a local canvasser last night that my Labour and Conservative MEPs
had voted the same way on that issue. Canvasser was for one of
those two parties and looked slightly taken aback. I look forward
to a matching expression when I meet the canvasser from the
other lot and say the same thing :)

Similar, I have a nice email from Plaid telling me how they are
with the Greens on this one, but I don't see any of them showing
up and voting on that date. I will be interested to see the results
from this most recent one and whether they were there then.

So whilst I can imagine that the tables and charts are a pain to
prepare, they helped me, at least.

Telsa