Re: [Fsfe-uk] EU Ambassadors vote to back Software Patents

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] EU Ambassadors vote to back Software Patents
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 19:12:05 +0100

On 2004-05-08 14:54:59 +0100 A. S. Bradbury <address@hidden> wrote:

Your guidance has been extremely helpful, thankyou so much for taking the time and effort to point me in the right direction.

Yes, thank you Tom for this help. AFFS really should do more in this line. Are there readers on this list who would like to help with this, in an organised way after next weekend?

The MEP elections are coming, so it should be easier to make them listen when they want our votes. I think there have been three or four significant votes for free software in the last year, the results are available online and it would be good to make a "scorecard" from them. We could also attend any local hustings (does anyone know about them yet?), maybe try to ask some questions and report what is said on software-related issues. For a start, I have the replies to the IPRED letters: can I summarise them to the public, or only to members of the association?

Maybe there are other good things we can do?

This could be a short-term project, from now to 16 June (to give us a week to review the EP results), so shouldn't demand a long-term commitment from anyone unsure. Who's in and what EP region are you in? (I'm in, and I live in Eastern England.)

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.