[Fsfe-uk] RFC2: Free software grants & AFFS AGM

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] RFC2: Free software grants & AFFS AGM
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 20:35:42 +0100

Dear all,

my sincere apologies for this having taken far too long. I have tried very
hard to address and/or incorporate all comments, suggestions and objections
from the previous discussion on this list.

Now for the good news: I finally finished a more detailed version of the
proposal and put it up at

  http://www.affs.org.uk/~marc/grants/

as both a PDF file and the LaTeX source. If you want to comment on specific
parts of the text, I would appreciate, if you could quote the relevant part
from the LaTeX file (unified diff would be fantastic, but everything else is
fine too).

Hopefully, this can provide a base to get the whole thing rolling.
Constructive critisism is greatly appreciated! I hope, this sounds OK to
most AFFS members, so that this proposal can be decided upon at the AGM and
that way start the process to spend the money received for this so far.

May I also take this opportunity to remind all AFFS members, that we are
discussing on how to spend real money and that it is very important, that
enough members come to the AGM to voice their opinion.

ANYONE HESITATING TO ATTEND THE AGM, PLEASE COME!!! So far we have never
asked our members to show real active support, but in this case we rely on
this. PLEASE HELP US AND COME TO THE AGM!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW!!!

Thanks,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/