Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC slander

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC slander
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:12:58 +0000

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:33, P.L.Hayes wrote:
> I replied to this nonsense of course and so did a lot of others but
> there has been no further response.

Which part of the response do you think is unjustified? I read the
original story and the response, and I don't see the commotion
personally. Given it's under the "State$ide" byline, and that there is
evidence to back up the main assertion (as in, "open source hackers"
have attacked and brought down the SCO website before) I'm not sure
there is much ground for complaint. (Just playing devil's advocate for
you ;)

> Just now I've looked at the ofcom site but they don't actually make it
> clear whether they'll handle this sort of thing or not so I've
> contacted them to ask if they do.

Unless something has changed recently, OfCOM do not regulate the BBC.