Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:48:54 GMT

Martin Keegan <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] I still haven't got an answer [...]

You have had an answer, albeit not official.  Sorry you missed it.  Once
again, here's my take:

AFFS will associate to FSFE.  FSFE the European equivalent of FSF.

AFFS would like to work together with CDR on the patent issue.  Some people
are interested whether CDR has any links with EFF.  AFFS is sympathetic to
EFF and CDR views but does not feel that it is best placed to tackle those
issues without assistance.  AFFS is also talking to FFII about patents.

AFFS cannot find any LPF-like UK group to be friends with.

AFFS is interested in knowing more of the methods used by STAND and CUT.

AFFS believes that LUG members are probably potential AFFS members.

What other orgs are you interested in?

All of the above is unofficial.  I can probably get you a rubber-stamped
statement if you really want :-P