Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: Martin Keegan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:54:18 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Andrew Savory wrote:

> Your view pretty much coincides with mine. I'm here to promote / fight for
> / evangelise about Free Software (specifically in light of the 4
> freedoms). Yes, I'm against software patents, but as and when I want to
> campaign against them I'll join the Association Against Software Patents
> (or whatever).

That's what I'd do too, in an ideal world. There remains the issue of
people only having the time, resources and inclination to join a limited
number of groups/organisations. It may not be most efficient to have lots
of little groups (efficiency of organisation is why the big companies win
the lobbying battles so easily).

Therefore, for me, the question remains: how is AFFS going to fit into the
wider picture?

Mk