Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.

From: Alistair Davidson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:59:30 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

On 30 Aug, address@hidden wrote:

bout a longer time-frame though - I
think every quarter is more likely to work better, esp. if we set ourselves
a decent quorum. The Chair would also have the power to call EGM as wall as
GM, so it shouldn't prevent the association acting. But I think once a month
is too possibly too much! I suppose it depends on the number and frequencies
of resolutions though.

The "meetings" (I do not specify physical meetings) where resolutions
are made were for the executive, not the membership.  I don't know if
you got that.  I've deliberately given the executive too much power,
but I seem to have forgotten to require scrutiny by the membership,
although I specify consultation.  Can someone suggest a suitable form of
words to achieve that?

How about we forget about all this "executive" nonsense and just run the whole thing as a huge game of Nomic? ;0)