Re: Odp: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare (Re: Freetype-dev

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Odp: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 184, Issue 24)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 18:52:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Monday, 18 May 2020, 02:38:24 GMT+8, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> > You showed a few fontforge-generated screenshots, which shows good agreement between fontforge and Microsoft rendering. If you think they are not good enough, fontforge's github tracker is the place to report it.

> It's by no means a good agreement because it's not pixel-for-pixel identical. In fact, many pixels differ; this is called extremely glitchy and requires several bugfixes to get it fixed. And FontForge has nothing to do with how FreeType itself renders, nor does there exist a more accurate mode than the already existing bilevel mode that's extremely glitchy.

There is a bilevel mode in ft2-demo, and you can also switch to v35 to match Microsoft better in ft2-demo, from the default v40. I told you so, many emails ago, in my first reply.

If you feel that you know fontforge and freetype well enough to tell which is fontforge and which is freetype, I have nothing more to say on that. Sigh.