Re: Odp: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare (Re: Freetype-dev

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Odp: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 184, Issue 24)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 19:48:17 +0000 (UTC)

About my 2nd point - you did not get it: fontforge is not freetype. If you want freetype to imitate Microsoft's bilevel rendering, please do as I suggested. Fontforge does not have a mode of "use freetype to imitate Microsoft's rendering", afaik. Use v35 and set rendering mode to mono.

As for the initial paragraph - it is clear from your own png posted that freetype (in fontforge) matches Microsoft's rendering well enough, but your own rendering does not. You need to show a lot more evidence and proof to claim freetype is glitchy - even our Microsoft friends don't make that kind of claim!