Logging Library-GSOC

From: Priyesh kumar
Subject: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 04:19:28 +0530

Hey,
I was exploring the logging libraries as per the requirements, and I was thinking of adding functionality to automatically check whether the logging library is installed or not as FreeType does for other libraries like Harfbuzz and libpng.
But most of the logging libraries which I have seen till now do not produce .pc file.
So, Is there some other way to automatically detect the metadata about the library or do I have to use environment variables (like HARFBUZZ_CFLAGS and HARFBUZZ_LIBS) to get metadata from the user?

Thanks,
Priyesh