Re: Odp: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare (Re: Freetype-dev

From: piotrunio-2004
Subject: Re: Odp: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 184, Issue 24)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 05:32:08 +0200

I am not sure what you are trying to say here or trying to do. Your own program is buggy - so go fix it.  As I mentioned twice already - we are on reasonable friendly terms with the Microsoft folks, and they are happy to confirm undocumented behaviors, and afaik from your screenshots, freetype /fontforge matches Microsoft's rendering quite well, and your program is way off and buggy. If you want to ask for help on debugging, ask for help properly.
No, it's evident that both are glitchy. You can't arbitrary say one renderer but not the other does it "quite well" when both have many errors. They are both extremely glitchy, and that's exactly the implementation nightmare.