Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: template font

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: template font
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:38:24 -0500

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 02:12 am, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> On 22/04/03 01:08 -0500, Deepayan Sarkar poked the keyboard with a stick and
composed:
>  > Hi folks,
>  >
>  > I'm more or less done with the important parts of the template font. I'm
>  > still working on writing out a description, mostly in case I forget the
>  > tricky parts. Everything should be ready by the end of this week, but
>  > let me know if anyone is eager to try things out before then.
>
> Can you send me the file? (personally)
> Are you using M$ VOLT for this - or pfaedit?

Both actually. I figured that it would be useful to have both options. Do you
want to use it on Windows (I am working on a version right now in Pfaedit,
which works on Linux, but probably won't work on Windows) ? I also have a
Windows version, which is identical in terms of the layouts tables, but with
slightly different glyphs.

All fonts are in

http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/FreeBangFontDevel/TemplateFont/

The Windows compatiple ones are called BengTemplate.ttf and
BengTemplateWOVD.ttf and the Pfaedit one is called Hortuki.sfd

> Also, how are you working on the yuktakshars - are you just covering the
> yuktashards from yukotlist.txt ?

Yes. But we could potentially add new glyphs at the end.

> I have some (good quality) glyphs with me that can be used in the template.

Great. Don't spend too much time on it just yet, we might need to make some
adjustments.

Deepayan