Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: template font

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: template font
Date: 22 Apr 2003 22:00:10 +0530

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 13:08, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 02:12 am, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> > On 22/04/03 01:08 -0500, Deepayan Sarkar poked the keyboard with a stick
> > and
> composed:
> >  > Hi folks,
> >  >
> >  > I'm more or less done with the important parts of the template font. I'm
> >  > still working on writing out a description, mostly in case I forget the
> >  > tricky parts. Everything should be ready by the end of this week, but
> >  > let me know if anyone is eager to try things out before then.
> >
> > Can you send me the file? (personally)
> > Are you using M$ VOLT for this - or pfaedit?
>
> Both actually. I figured that it would be useful to have both options. Do you
> want to use it on Windows (I am working on a version right now in Pfaedit,
> which works on Linux, but probably won't work on Windows) ? I also have a
> Windows version, which is identical in terms of the layouts tables, but with
> slightly different glyphs.
>
> All fonts are in
>
> http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/FreeBangFontDevel/TemplateFont/
>
> The Windows compatiple ones are called BengTemplate.ttf and
> BengTemplateWOVD.ttf and the Pfaedit one is called Hortuki.sfd
>

> > Also, how are you working on the yuktakshars - are you just covering the
> > yuktashards from yukotlist.txt ?
>
> Yes. But we could potentially add new glyphs at the end.
>
> > I have some (good quality) glyphs with me that can be used in the template.
>
> Great. Don't spend too much time on it just yet, we might need to make some
> adjustments.

Ok, I went thru it.
There are some conjuncts missing - I will send in  a list later.
Also, I am not very sure, but you seem to have confused between
hae-mudhyana-na and hae-danta-na.
hae-mudhyana-na is as in aanhik -- right?
-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [ http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/ ]

Speak out on social and cultural issues
                at
        PeacefulAction.Org
    http://www.peacefulaction.org

The best way to accelerate a Windoze box is at 9.8 meters per second per
second.