Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 19:25:44 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> We made modules supported by default 2 releases ago, and I don't want
> to risk silently dropping that in configurations that up till now
> didn't need the test at all.

What about printing a warning after configuration, if configure
concluded that the compiler does not support the attribute?  Then it
wouldn't be so silent.

BTW, I'd like to see the discussion where it was concluded that the
cleanup attribute is absolutely required.  It doesn't do fancy things
like clean up after Lisp signals under the hood, so all of the cleanup
can be done in portable C as well.

> And there's also what Paul said: we don't really understand why the
> existing conditions don't work in this case.  We should at least
> understand that before we make non-trivial changes.

I tried to explain that already.