Re: Merging feature/android

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 14:12:31 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu>,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>   emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 18:39:59 +0800
>
> Arsen Arsenović <arsen@aarsen.me> writes:
>
> If a C++ exception is thrown inside a module function, then we should
> IMO just let everything blow up.

But we don't want to, and we have decided long ago to use this
mechanism.

So please stop arguing for its removal, because I'm not going to agree
to it.

Once again, let's please make this work like configure does with image
libraries, i.e. error out by default if modules aren't supported, and
suggest using ifavailable.  This will solve the problem cleanly and in
a way that cannot be missed by chance.