Re: Motif support

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:44:06 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
>> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 21:08:31 +0100
>>
>> You can use a cross-platform layer for that.
>
> That's a different suggestion.  This one does make sense, we "just"
> need a volunteer to sit down and do it.
But you already have one such layer om Emacs; Gtk, GDK is a cross platform
rendering layer Gtk uses, but Emacs could use just Cairo which is also used by
Emacs.

If I am not wrong Gtk runs pretty much everywhere where GUI Emacs run, isn't it
so? I am not sure how well it runs on Haiku, but otherwise.

So just let a volunteer remove pure xlib/win32/motif/ and make Emacs a pure Gtk
application and all good :).