Re: Motif support

From: dick
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:57:28 -0500

EZ> because I think an introductory CG textbook is way insufficient for
implementing
EZ> anything close to the Emacs display subsystem.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

And now for my own bit of Po Lu-style grandstanding, I'll claim to be
the global authority on the display code, having largely rewritten it to
handle long lines.

If you can convert a two dimensional array into a single-dimensional
vector (something within reach of most first-year undergraduates), you
can understand the display code.  The hard part is brushing past the
obfuscative hacks, which is more than 50% of the code.