RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act on region?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 14:27:29 +0000

> > `transient-mark-mode' being on is the common case now.
>
> That is your personal interpretation, but it is not true.

Can you show evidence that it's _not true_, or is that
just  "your personal interpretation"?

I'm not counting cases of who turns it off (are you?),
but my guess (yes, a guess) is that more Emacs users
have it on than off.  Evidence to the contrary?

t-m-mode ON is the default, and it has been for years
now.  It should be enough to point that out, whether
or not its being left ON is the more common use case.

In any case, whether more have it on or off is, as
I've pointed out, irrelevant to this thread, which is
concerned _only_ with the case when it's on.

Changes proposed here have NO effect on the case when
it's off.  Dunno how many times this needs to be
repeated before you let go.  There really is no need
to go on about the case when t-m-mode is off.  That's
a digression, if not a diversion.