RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act on region?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 01:37:41 +0000

> > From an accessibility perspective, transient mark mode can be a
> > challenge.  For example, if your blind, you cannot see the
> > highlighted region.  Therefore, packages like emacspeak turn
> > off transient mark mode.
>
> Indeed, it is important to keep full support for configs where
> `transient-mark-mode` is disabled.  Not only many users prefer such
> a config, but as you mention, there are also cases where such a config
> is not just a question of taste.

Yes, and this is irrelevant to this thread, as the
proposed change has no effect on users who disable
`transient-mark-mode'.  They continue to have "full
support".

But I suppose if the contrary gets repeated enough
then the thread can continue to be drowned out by
misrepresentation.  Of course, a misreading can be
an honest mistake...  Once.