Re: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act o

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Change default behavior of some commands that act on region?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 21:08:18 +0300

> From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> CC: "monnier@iro.umontreal.ca" <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>         "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 17:50:39 +0000
>
> By that second line, I meant that there are many commands
> that don't take t-m-m into account.

And rightfully so.  At least most of them.  To say that they do that
because they haven't "awakened" to transient-mark-mode is a
misrepresentation that hints at the Emacs developers' being obtuse or
worse.  You have no basis for such accusations, so don't.

> Would you argue that there are _no_ such commands that could benefit
> from considering the t-m-m ON case?

That's a far cry from what you actually wrote, to what I responded.  I
will take this as an apology.