Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 20:44:15 +0000

Hi Eli,

Thanks. So I think your change is a definite improvement, and I therefore installed it on the emacs-27 branch.

Thank you.

I just realized (thanks to Stefan's last email on this list) that my patch introduces a regression for those who (like him) use miniwindow-only frames.

To correct that regression, the third condition in set-minibuffer-message:

(eq (window-frame) (window-frame (active-minibuffer-window))

should be:

(or (eq (window-frame) (window-frame (active-minibuffer-window)))
    (eq (frame-parameter (window-frame (active-minibuffer-window)) 'minibuffer)
'only)))

It means: display the message at the end of the active minibuffer if it is either on the same frame as the current window, or if it is in a miniwindow-only frame.

Gregory