RE: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 09:11:31 -0700 (PDT)

> It is quite unusual to leave an active minibuffer
> and switch to another frame to start an Isearch.

It's not unusual at all, for me.  I often have an
open minibuffer while I move to other buffers and
perform various actions before returning to the
minibuffer and finishing with it.  And most often
those buffers are, yes, in windows on other frames.

This includes using minibuffer keys that let me
explore elsewhere, and may themselves open
recursive minibuffers, using Isearch in any
buffer, including but not limited to, the
minibuffer itself (which for me is in its own
frame) and *Completions* (which for me is also in
its own frame).

My use (and Icicles use generally) may not be
"typical", but (1) it's very useful to be able to
do this, and (2) it's always been possible to do
it, before now (since Day One).

I don't yet use Emacs 27, but this sounds like a
very limiting regression, and one that isn't
compensated by any gain.